Package Pattwo (updated 05/22/2009):
Package pattwo is a new, from scratch,
regular expression implementation that conforms
(mostly) to the interface established by java.util.regex.
Some differences include:
Brief Release Notes:
- No stack overflows or out of memory errors. Ever.
In fact, you could use it in a MIDlet.
- No backwards searches, i.e. (?<=X), (?<!X)
- No && inside entities, e.g. [[abc]&&[def]]. Only simple
perl-type entity descriptions.
- Matcher can take a Reader object.
- Package name. To use it, replace "import java.util.regex.*" with
- v15: Fixed a bug with \Q ... \E
- v14: Target & runtime library compatible with Java 1.3.
- v13: Encapsulated references to Hashtable and Vector,
making it easy for a user to replace with ArrayList or HashMap.
- v12: Converted sources to be compatible with version 1.2
- v11: Fixed bug parsing \1 type patterns.
- v10: Fixed some transparent boundary issues.
- v9: added support for transparent bounds and made
some bug fixes.
- v8: Fixed an issue with hitEnd().
Fixed various issues with $ and ^.
- added useAnchoringBounds() / hasAnchoringBounds()
- fixed a bug relating to the [,\s] pattern and those like it.
- Made hitEnd() work properly.
- Added regions.
- Bug fixes that affected patterns using alternations on group 0.
- v4: Many bug fixes relating to patterns similar to (a*)*, [-a], [a-].
- v1: Initail release